Sustainability Designer / Consultant – Associate, Copenhagen
Committed to expanding our reach and seeking opportunities to further participate and collaborate on projects that advance wider sustainability goals and provide benefit to wider society, we are looking for a sustainability/ climate design leader for our Copenhagen studio with an innovative and collaborative approach to design who will support global projects in research and education, health, culture and sustainability and grow the local team.
Originally founded in Denmark in 1933 and today operating in Europe, Asia, Australia and USA, Steensen Varming operate along the principles of a small design studio, with a global presence.
As practitioners and advisors in mechanical and electrical engineering, lighting and sustainable design we offer a portfolio of specialist services, integrated solutions and high levels of expertise which spans strategy, design and engineering, supported by a long tradition of collaboration and creative dialogue. Committed to creating ‘positive environments’, we work on a variety of exciting projects across a number of sectors and scales, from modest upgrades to World Heritage Sites. Our approach is focused on providing the best service to our clients, through total integration and collaboration to produce intelligent, valuable and elegant solutions.
We are looking for a talented Sustainability Designer / Consultant at Associate level to join and lead our Copenhagen studio on a full-time or part-time basis to help drive a new venture.
This entrepreneurial role will focus on
- Connecting with clients/ potential clients and collaborators
- Strengthening and building a team to work on global projects with potential to spend time in other studios.
- Working closely with a global collection of experts in Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Sustainability design and Lighting design.
- Mentoring colleagues, help drive innovation and implementation of emerging technologies and research.
- Growing and shaping the Copenhagen studio while supporting our global approach through involvement in projects across our global studios
- Seeking and leading research and innovation opportunities.
Applications are invited from creative, proactive and like-minded people who are committed to their career, with experience, specialism that could include:
- Degree in Architectural Engineering, Sustainable Design, Building Services Engineering, Architecture or a related field.
- Experience with passive design analysis and modelling
- Conversant with ESD strategies and low energy HVAC systems
- Experience with renewable energy and circular economy strategies.
- Experience managing sustainability rating systems (such as ISCA, LEED, BEAM Plus, WELL, BREEAM, DGNB etc).
- Knowledge and understanding of environmentally sustainable design and building services engineering.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both Danish and English and actively lead in project meetings and teams.
- Interest in research, collaboration and dissemination of information to the wider group.
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in sustainability consultancy, or researched based work
- Knowledge of the local market and desire to foster client relationships and grow the business both locally and globally.
We offer the opportunity for
- Career stability, alongside career growth.
- Working within a small, close knit team, with a global presence.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the achievement of completing quality projects with a high degree of customer satisfaction and benefit to society.
- The ability to contribute to the growth and focus of company goals and profile.
- Primarily based in Bloxhub, the centre for green urban design in Copenhagen.
- Benefits, which include a wellbeing allowance and flexi-days.
- Financial assistance for candidates relocating to Copenhagen from elsewhere.
Steensen Varming supports a hybrid flexible future of work, in which the importance of in-person studio participation may be supplemented with home based working opportunities.
Steensen Varming is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please refer to our job applicant privacy notice for information on how we manage your personal data. https://www.steensenvarming.com/sites/default/files/job_applicant_privacy_notice.pdf
Deadline for applications 30th August 2021