Senior Electrical Engineer – Canberra or Sydney
We are looking for a talented electrical building services engineer to join our Canberra studio on a full-time or part-time basis.
This client facing role will help grow the Canberra studio and provide technical engineering support and management for key projects with a focus on
- Creating positive change and positive environments.
- Working on global projects with potential to spend time in other studios.
- Working closely with a global collection of experts in Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Sustainability design and Lighting design.
- Mentoring junior staff, help drive innovation and implementation of emerging technologies and research.
- Growing and shaping the Canberra studio.
Applications are invited from creative, proactive and like-minded people who are committed to their career, with experience, specialism and interest in the following:
- A keen interest in the built environment and passionate drive for improvement;
- At least 5 years of experience within engineering consultancy, specialising in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering or similar, hospital and laboratory experience are of benefit;
- A proactive mindset with good verbal and written communications skills;
- A passion to make a difference in the ACT and be the electrical go-to-person in Canberra;
- Ability to effectively work alone and as part of a team;
- Competency in PowerCad, Revit and/or good skills to learn fast;
- Experience developing strategies for a range of developments, including buildings and masterplans;
- Proficiency and technical knowledge covering aspects such as power generation, supply and infrastructure reticulation to communication networks, security systems, fire safety and vertical transportation;
- Ability to manage finances and resources of multiple projects;
- Team Leadership skills;
- Knowledge of the local market and desire to foster client relationships and grow the business.
- Offering career stability, alongside career growth.
- An ethos focused on Good People, Good Reasons and Good Work.
- Working within a small, close knit team, with a global presence.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the achievement of completing quality projects, on budget, on time and with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to contribute to the growth and focus of company goals, and placement in the industry.
- Primarily based in a modern Scandinavian designed office in Canberra.
- Offering benefits, which include a wellbeing allowance and flexi-half days.
- Financial assistance may be considered for candidates relocating to Canberra from elsewhere in Australia.
Steensen Varming supports a hybrid flexible future of work, in which office working may be supplemented with home based working opportunities, flexible start and end times and opportunities for part-time employment.
Steensen Varming is is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter via Seek.
Please refer to our job applicant privacy notice for information on how we manage your personal data. https://www.steensenvarming.com/sites/default/files/job_applicant_privacy_notice.pdf
Deadline for applications 6th September 2021.