Senior and Associate Level – Electrical and Mechanical Building Services Engineers
Opportunities for an Electrical and a Mechanical engineer, at Senior & Associate level. London based with flexible working opportunities.
Job Description and Summary
Senior or Associate, Electrical and Mechanical engineers required, for a London based consultancy, with a global presence.
Originally founded in Denmark in 1933 and today operating in Europe, Asia, Australia, and USA, Steensen Varming operate along the principles of a small design studio, with a global presence. Working on a variety of exciting projects, encompassing architectural and urban design, the private, corporate, and public sectors, from modest upgrades to World Heritage Sites. Our approach is focused on providing the best service to our clients, through total integration and collaboration to produce intelligent, valuable, and elegant solutions.
- Creating positive change and positive environments.
- Working on global projects with potential to spend time in other studios.
- Working closely with a global collection of experts in Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Sustainability design and Lighting design.
- Help drive innovation and implementation of emerging technologies and research.
- Developing mechanical/ electrical design strategies and proposals at all project stages.
- Preparation of tender documentation and drawings.
- Monitoring and reporting on contracts in progress on site.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering, or a related field.
- Chartered Engineer or working toward Chartered Engineer status.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Building Services Engineer.
- Prior project experience in Education, Commercial and Cultural/ Heritage sectors is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical or electrical engineering and building services
- Expertise in using Revit is preferred, but not essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively and actively lead in project meetings.
- Offering career stability, alongside career growth.
- An ethos focused on Good People, Good Reasons and Good Work.
- Working within a small team, with a global presence.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the achievement of completing quality projects, on budget, on time and with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to contribute to the growth and focus of company goals, and placement in the industry.
- Offering benefits, which include a wellbeing allowance and flexi-half days.
- Primarily based in a modern Soho office, in Central London.
- Steensen Varming supports a hybrid flexible future of work, in which office working may be supplemented with home based working opportunities, flexible start and end times and opportunities for part-time employment.
Steensen Varming is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interviews will be conducted via video conferencing, while work from home guidance remains in place.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and Covering letter by email to HRadvisor@steensenvarming.com by 18th January 2022
This role is not open to applications received through recruitment agencies.