Sustainability Designer/ Consultant
Steensen Varming is a global Building Services Design Consultancy, with a vacancy opening in our Sydney CBD or Canberra office, for a forward thinking Sustainability Consultant.
Originally founded in Denmark in 1933 and today operating in Europe, Asia, Australia and USA. Steensen Varming operates along the principles of a small design studio; working within a niche market to provide the best service to our clients. Steensen Varming works on a variety of exciting projects, encompassing architectural and urban design, the private, corporate and public sectors, from modest upgrades to World Heritage Sites. Our approach is focused on total integration and collaboration to produce intelligent, valuable and elegant solutions.
This role requires a candidate with a passion to pursue real Sustainable Design opportunities for the Built Environment.
- The developing and preparation of design proposals, reports and submissions.
- Developing ESD strategies and design proposals at all project stages
- Assistance to the ESD Team with the preparation of analysis, reports and modelling.
- Contribute and input to sustainability management of projects and undertaking Green Star submissions as an accredited Green Star professional
- Preparation of NCC Section J reports
- Familiar with BASIX certificates including Nathers & Accurate assessments, preferred but not essential
- Diploma or degree in Environmental engineering, Building Services Engineering, Architecture or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a sustainability consultant
- Conversant with ESD strategies, daylighting and climate assessments
- Experience delivering sustainability certification and applying sustainability frameworks such as NCC 2019 Section J, Green Star, WELL, NABERS, NATHERS rating systems.
- Experience with environmental modelling software such as Rhino / Grasshopper / Ladybug / Honeybee / IES / etc (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of building services
- Experience with health and education projects (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively and actively lead in projects meetings
- Ability to contribute to the growth and focus of company goals, and placement in the industry.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, Covering letter and portfolio (if applicable) by email to HRadvisor@steensenvarming.com by 23 November 2020
Steensen Varming is happy to discuss flexible working