Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Steensen Varming is a global Building Services Design Consultancy, with a vacancy opening in our Central London office, for a forward thinking Mechanical Engineer. The role initially will involve working from home.
Originally founded in Denmark in 1933 and today operating in Europe, Asia, Australia and USA, Steensen Varming operates along the principles of a small design studio working within a niche market to provide the best service to our clients. Steensen Varming works on a variety of exciting projects, encompassing architectural and urban design, the private, corporate and public sectors, from modest upgrades to World Heritage Sites. Our approach is focused on total integration and collaboration to produce intelligent, valuable and elegant solutions.
This role requires an intermediate or senior engineer with a passion to pursue mechanical engineering opportunities in the built environment.
- Developing mechanical design strategies and proposals at all project stages
- Undertaking site surveys and inspections
- Undertaking design calculations
- Preparation of drawings using Revit
- Supporting our global approach through involvement in projects across our global studios.
- This role will be primarily based in Westminster, in Central London, although initially it will involve working from home.
- Steensen Varming is happy to discuss flexible working.
- Diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Mechanical Building Services Engineer for an intermediate position or 4 years’ experience for a senior position.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering and building services
- Expertise in using Revit BIM tools, to create drawings to a high standard and provide technical support, to the project team, is preferred but not essential.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the achievement of completing quality projects, on budget, on time and with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to communicate effectively and actively lead in project meetings
- The ability to contribute to the growth and focus of company goals, and placement in the industry.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, Covering letter and portfolio (if applicable) by email to HRadvisor@steensenvarming.com by 23 November 2020